With community service and problem-solving as our foundation, our goal is to enhance the quality of life within our community. We strive to serve our community with respect, fairness, integrity, and sensitivity. We seek to foster public trust by holding ourselves to the highest standards of performance and ethics. To that end, we are further dedicated to;
- Preserve and protect the way of life in Duxbury by participating, engaging and listening to our community.
- Earn the respect of our community by maintaining a knowledgeable, responsive, and accountable work force that fulfills their duties and responsibilities with clear evidence of fairness, integrity, tolerance and equality.
- Make our streets as safe as possible by maintaining high profile traffic enforcement and driver education programs.
- Reduce the opportunity for the commission of crime with visible patrol practices, coupled with the implementation of effective crime prevention strategies.
- Fully investigate crimes when they occur and to expeditiously identify and apprehend criminal offenders.
- Ensure that our officers have the knowledge, equipment, skills and proven best practices to provide our unique community with the finest policing services possible.
- Identify, address and resolve the root causes of community problems and concerns cooperatively with residents and other stakeholders through the use of community oriented policing and problem solving strategies.
All Duxbury Police employees, both sworn and non-sworn, shall abide by the code of ethics listed in the Department Mission Statement in accordance with the Department Rules and Regulations [1.1.2]; [12.2].